Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB) is a lifelong program that is embraced by all government entities and industries. It is the most innovative, comprehensive, and effective course on managing conflict. Training and knowledge are the only effective means of dealing with conflict and avoiding violence.
The Wright Group’s MOAB training presents solid principles and techniques along with skills for recognizing, reducing, and managing violent and aggressive behavior. The program also provides humane and compassionate methods of dealing with aggressive individuals.
During the last twenty years thousands of people from diverse industries have shared with us that learning MOAB had significantly empowered them in dealing with conflict. Many others have credited the program with avoiding injuries and even for saving their lives and the lives of others.
Why is MOAB Unique?
- MOAB goes beyond strategies for preventing and diffusing a crisis. It addresses the multitude of behaviors and stages of conflict with realistic and practical interventions.
- Every MOAB technique – nonverbal, verbal, or physical – is based on solid principles and years of integrated research.
- Anyone regardless of age, size or gender can properly and successfully use these techniques.
- This training is a fresh approach to dealing with people, maximizing de-escalation and avoidance of violence. People have fun while learning critical life skills.
Training objectives include strategies for preventing and diffusing aggressive behavior, controlling and restraining individuals, managing physical confrontations, and addressing a multitude of crises and stages of conflict.
Our 3-day course teaches the principles and techniques used to manage an aggressor. The course is hands-on and very interactive. The course includes:
- Introductory Program (3 hours): Class size is unlimited
- Session I BASIC (8 hours): Class size is unlimited
- Session II BASIC (8 hours): Class size is limited to 25 due to demonstrations in class.
- Train the Trainer (8 hours): Minimum class size is 10.
MOAB goes beyond the strategies for preventing and diffusing a crisis. Every MOAB technique is based on researched principles that can be effectively mastered by all in diverse situations. Course content includes the following:
- Strategies for Preventing & Diffusing Aggressive Behavior
- In-depth techniques in non-verbal communications, listening skills and verbal communication skills.
- Mental preparation skills, managing anxiety, verbal aggression and physical aggression.
- Understanding diversion and cornering mistakes.
- Confronting multiple aggressive people.
- Strategies for Controlling and Restraining Individuals
- Principles of center, movement and balance.
- Basic and resistive escorts.
- Directing and controlling people in the prone position.
- Separating aggressive people.
- Strategies for Managing Physical Confrontations
- Defense from chokes, punches kicks, edged weapons, guns, grabs bites, hair pulls, thrown objects.
- Floor/ground defense, dynamic attacks, and confronting multiple aggressors.
- Properly documenting a use of force incident.
Contact us today to learn more or schedule a training.